Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/kunden/webs/Gero/phpBB3/common.php on line 106 EverlastWorld.de • View topic - "Songs Of The Ungrateful Living"

"Songs Of The Ungrateful Living"

everything Everlast and House Of Pain-related

Moderator: Mods

"Songs Of The Ungrateful Living"

Postby mihau on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 pm

(note: the original album title was supposed to be "Songs For The Ungrateful Living", changed to "Songs Of The Ungrateful Living" at the last minute)

with the release date of Everlast's new album "Songs Of The Ungrateful Living" approaching (if it doesnt get delayed 6+ months by advice of his business partners) and considering EverlastWorld.de (the website) is practically dead (R.I.P., it redirects to this very forum), I resurrected my website and am now asking for people to participate to make it even more "complete" than it already is.

if there are volunteers who would like to be in charge of stuff such as lyrics (or maybe even have Gero's lyrics page archived), guitar/bass tablature, links or other sections that would be worth having, please let me know - in fact, WHITEY FORD RECORDS wouldn't have been possible from the start without the help of a few people I met here on the board years ago.
Last edited by mihau on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mihau
a collector
a collector

Re: "Songs For The Ungrateful Living"

Postby GCOMP on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm

You might wanna try to get in touch with that guy that did lacokanostra-h.blogspot.com. I know he wasnt that popular on the board but he had a lot of updates and information. I was checking out his site until he closed it down. But he had a lot of info and news and updates is what will keep the site going strong. Its so hard to get any info on what Everlast is doing that a site like that would be real clutch. I know its your site and Im not sure what you are looking to do but just a suggestion to keep the news and updates about Everlast, House of Pain and La Coka, all fresh.
GCOMP

Postby Syco on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:28 am

i don't know about all of that^ shit about getting in touch with the lcn-h dude.

i think he got a good amount of his information from twitter and whatnot.
Syco
Everlast-Fanatic
Everlast-Fanatic

Postby Wikked Pain Inflictor on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I can help with lyrics, or whatever else you may need. ;)

I don't respect a hypocrite, muthaf*ckas I despise/
cause me I tell the truth, even when I tell a lie/
Wikked Pain Inflictor
Everlast-Fan
Everlast-Fan

Postby mihau on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Wikked Pain Inflictor wrote:I can help with lyrics, or whatever else you may need. ;)

ok cool I will get back at you soon.

and in related news:
"Songs Of The Ungrateful Living" has been unsurprisingly delayed for three weeks;
the new release date is - at least for now - October 18th
mihau
a collector
a collector

Re: "Songs Of The Ungrateful Living"

Postby Wikked Pain Inflictor on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:33 am

I dig the album cover tho!
Wikked Pain Inflictor
Everlast-Fan
Everlast-Fan

Postby mihau on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Wikked Pain Inflictor wrote:I can help with lyrics, or whatever else you may need. ;)

okay, I think its best to do this, go to http://everlast.bplaced.net/#lyrics (if it doesnt pop pup, try reload/F5 as it might be a little buggy), compile all the lyrics linked there from various places in one text file per album + guest apperances or so and send them over :) you will get full credit of course.
thanks
mihau
a collector
a collector

Postby Gero on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:22 am

mihau wrote:with the release date of Everlast's new album "Songs Of The Ungrateful Living" approaching (if it doesnt get delayed 6+ months by advice of his business partners) and considering EverlastWorld.de (the website) is practically dead (R.I.P., it redirects to this very forum), I resurrected my website and am now asking for people to participate to make it even more "complete" than it already is.

if there are volunteers who would like to be in charge of stuff such as lyrics (or maybe even have Gero's lyrics page archived), guitar/bass tablature, links or other sections that would be worth having, please let me know - in fact, WHITEY FORD RECORDS wouldn't have been possible from the start without the help of a few people I met here on the board years ago.

Yeah, the site is pretty much dead due to lack of time from my side so I redirected it here. :? I can send you the lyrics page(s) if you still need them.

P.S.: I cleaned up the mess a bit ;)
I used to be on an endless run
Believed in miracles 'cause I'm one
I've been blessed with the power to survive
After all these years I'm still alive
Gero
The Mastermind
The Mastermind

Postby mihau on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:05 pm

Gero wrote:Yeah, the site is pretty much dead due to lack of time from my side so I redirected it here. :? I can send you the lyrics page(s) if you still need them.

ah, thats what I thought.

ja bitte, wäre klasse - I mean, yes, please send them over! thanks

PS.:
cool. seems like captcha is no way to stop spam bots nowadays.
mihau
a collector
a collector

Postby Wikked Pain Inflictor on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 pm

I guess you wont be needing my help then?

I don't respect a hypocrite, muthaf*ckas I despise/
cause me I tell the truth, even when I tell a lie/
Wikked Pain Inflictor
Everlast-Fan
Everlast-Fan

Postby Buddah M on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:40 pm

thought it might be interesting for y'all;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44438116/Songs.rar
Buddah M
Everlast-Fan
Everlast-Fan

Postby Legend76 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Buddah M wrote:thought it might be interesting for y'all;)

I just snatched this..been listen to the samples on itunes for a fucking month now...it's a great record..I love it..I am waiting for my c.d. shot glass, dogtags n hoodie on tuesday...can't wait..n thanks!!!

Anyone here about Busta Rhymes and everlast doing a new "Jump Around" remix?
Legend76

Postby grey on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:52 pm

thought it might be interesting for y'all;)

cheers, DLing now
thank God you can smell
grey
Everlast-Fan
Everlast-Fan

Postby JeffX on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 pm

I've listened to it about four or five times so far. It's alright. Gone for Good is a good song. I love The Rain and I Get By, but so far nothing else has jumped out at me. I was thinking it was going to more of a Hip-Hop album, but it's not. It's not country or rock either. It's a bunch of songs from those genres thrown together. I'm not sure what I think about it yet, either. It's very much a period piece for today's life, which rings true for too many people. But being on of those people, I guess I'm looking to escape at the moment, not to be reminded of my current situation.
JeffX

Postby irish_peckerwood on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:48 pm

I was disappointed when i first head the album snippets..but I've had a lot of driving to do for the last couple of days and have been listening to the album alot...and i am highly impressed with it for some reason...there's a couple songs that aren't great, but i can listen to the whole thing from front to back and enjoy it...definitely looking forward to seeing him live again in November

Two deadly assassins sealin' your fate

Born American, ancestry from Ireland
You ain't knowin me, you'd better stop smilin'
irish_peckerwood
Everlast-Freak
Everlast-Freak

Next

Return to Everlast & House Of Pain